Test Procedure Generator (TPG)
USDOT Announces the Release of the TPG v2.1.1 Software Tool
TPG v2.1.1 updates include:
- Compatibility with protected MS Word version of standards that will be available from the Standards Development Organizations.
- Support for deprecated requirements, dialogs, and objects found in the standard
- Inclusion of XML Schema documentation for the TPG produced test procedures in XML format
- Minor bug fixes
USDOT is pleased to provide the ITS Standards development and deployment communities with the updated tool. The TPG provides users with two important capabilities for the National Transportation Communications for ITS Protocol (NTCIP) Center-to-Field (C2F) Device Interface Standards with Systems Engineering Content and follow NTCIP 8002 Annex B1 formatting. These capabilities include:
- Guiding the development of test procedures for selected requirements in NTCIP C2F standards.
- Importing draft standards from NTCIP C2F standards developers into the TPG to see a report of any non-compliance to NTCIP 8002 Annex B1. The report provides any breakages between requirement and design detail.
Using the TPG tool will reduce developmental risks, effort, and the cost of developing standards and test procedures, which in turn will encourage the deployment of interoperable NTCIP C2F systems. Agencies can use the test procedures generated by the TPG to help determine an implementation’s conformance to the NTCIP C2F Device Interface Standards. If extensions to the standard have been added for the project, the test procedures generated by the TPG can be used to help determine compliance to a project specification.
Download the installation files and user manual for TPG v2.1.1.
Center to Center (C2C) Reference Implementation (RI) Tool – Version 2.0 Now Available
The Center to Center (C2C) Reference Implementation (RI) Tool supports efficient deployment of systems using C2C communications by providing a means to verify conformance to C2C standards. Specifically the C2C RI supports conformance testing for:
- Traffic Management Data Dictionary (TMDD) v3.03c standard, and
- NTCIP 2306 v01 Application Profile for XML Message Encoding and Transport in ITS Center-to-Center Communications.
The RI conducts its conformance testing of the System under Test (SUT) C2C interface by two means. First it examines the interface description document (WSDL) for conformance to the standards. It then tests the interface by communicating with the SUT. This communication consists of dialogs between the RI and the SUT. The test dialogs are determined by the selection of user needs and their derived requirements for the particular test configuration. Because the C2C RI controls the sequence and contents of the protocol messages sent to the SUT, it can test a wide range of both expected and unexpected (invalid) behaviors.
Three functions are performed by the RI. Configuration of a test is the first function which allows the selection of user needs and requirements to be tested. It results in a set of test cases that can be used to verify that the SUT conforms to the selected requirements. Execution of a test is second. When carrying out this function, the RI enables the user to select test cases for execution and then runs those test cases logging the details and results of the test. The third function is reporting, which is provided to assist the RI user in preparing test result reports for sharing with other stakeholders.
Using the C2C RI tool will reduce developmental risks, effort, and the cost and provide consistent interpretation of the implemented standard, which in turn will encourage the deployment of interoperable NTCIP C2C systems.
Version 2.0 of the C2 CRI tool includes the following new features:
- Test Case and Test Procedure Reports
- Section 1201 (also known as the Real-Time System Management Information Program Data Exchange Format Specification (RTSMIP)) Conformance Reports
- Support for 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems
- Entity Emulation Mode Option when the RI is acting as an Owner Center. While operating in this mode, the RI will send dynamic responses for requests for CCTV, DMS, detector, ESS, Event, Gate, HAR, Lane Control, Ramp Meter, Section, Traffic Signal and Video Switch related information.
Download the installation files and user manual for C2C RI Tool.